Rebec has been the leader in developing dental amalgam separators for over two decades, accumulating a long and unmatched record of reliability and effectiveness. From one-doctor practices to some of the largest universities and military hospitals in the world, Rebec offers a wide variety of systems and products to serve every size of dental facility.
Rebec’s rugged stainless steel products come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty in the industry, and our huge collector (over five times the size* of some of our plastic competitors) saves you hundreds of dollars every year with less collector replacements.
Every way you look at it, Rebec is the best option for your practice!
*ADA Professional Product Review, Volume 7, Issue 2, 2012.
With over 99% removal efficiency, you will never again have to worry about whether or not your clinic is in compliance.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any concerns or questions about mercury recovery from dental wastewater, or the Rebec CatchHg that are not answered in the following list, please feel free to contact us.
IS DENTAL MERCURY RECOVERY NECESSARY?
WHAT ARE STANDARDS FOR MERCURY RECOVERY?
WITH WHAT TYPES OF VACUUM SYSTEMS WILL REBEC’S UNITS OPERATE?
DO I HAVE TO INSTALL THE AMALGAM SEPARATOR MYSELF?
HOW OFTEN DOES THE MERCURY CONTAINMENT COLLECTOR NEED TO BE CHANGED?
WHAT IF MY UNIT FILLS UP SOONER THAN ONE YEAR?
DO I HAVE TO DISPOSE OF THE COLLECTED MATERIAL MYSELF?
DOES THE CATCHHg HAVE A WARRANTY?
HOW DO I ORDER?
Rebec Limited Lifetime Warranty
Rebec LLC warrants its amalgam separators to be free of defects in material and workmanship, and to meet or exceed the ISO 11143:2008; ANSI/ADA standard, with a minimum removal efficiency of 99% in original conditions, with the following qualifications.
This Limited Lifetime Warranty will be invalidated if any of the following conditions are not met:
- The product will be used under the conditions for which it has been designed.
- The Unit must be installed inline on the vacuum side of a typical dental vacuum system.
- The Unit must be installed in strict accordance with the official Rebec installation instructions.
- The Unit must be installed in proper orientation as defined in the official Rebec installation instructions.
- Pumice used with air-abrasion or prophy-jet use is only approved with Rebec Plus systems. Use with non-Plus systems will invalidate the warranty.
- The Unit must be installed at or near the same elevation as the vacuum pump, with no more than a 5-feet elevation difference unless approved by Rebec in advance.
- There must be no increase in the number of hygienists or dentists on the system after the original installation unless such increases are within the operating capacity of the unit as defined in the official Rebec specification sheets that were in effect at the time of initial installation.
- The unit will be operated in a manner consistent with the usage instructions in the official Rebec operating instructions.
- Nothing other than normal dental vacuum line effluent shall be discharged through the equipment.
- If different vacuum equipment is installed after initial installation of the Rebec unit, Rebec must be notified prior to this change, especially if the new vacuum equipment will increase vacuum flow.
- The Unit and all fittings and connectors must not be modified or abused in any way.
- The product must be used in a normal “office” setting completely protected from negative environmental situations.
- The Unit must be kept from freezing.
- The Unit must not be submerged or left in standing water.
- The Unit must be enclosed to protect from weather.
- The customer must maintain the equipment as specified in the official Rebec product instructions for that model.
- Rebec must be notified of the initial installation date by completion of a warranty notification card within 2 weeks of original installation to validate warranty.
- The vacuum system must be flushed and cleaned according to vacuum pump manufacturer’s maintenance instructions.
- Vacuum line cleanser should not contain bleach or chlorinated detergents.
- Vacuum line cleanser should not be acidic.
- Vacuum lines should be disinfected at least once a week to prevent bacterial growth.
- The collecting container(s) on the Rebec unit must be replaced annually on each “scheduled maintenance date.” The “scheduled maintenance date” will be one year from the date of the initial installation of the amalgam separator and each year following on that date. The replacement collecting container(s) must be installed properly as defined in the official Rebec installation instructions on or before each scheduled maintenance date.
- Spent collecting containers must be returned to a Rebec LLC authorized amalgam sludge processor for recycle and replacement within 2 months of each scheduled maintenance date. In accordance with the Rebec installation instructions for replacement collecting containers, the customer is responsible for notifying Rebec when the spent collecting container is ready for pick-up. This warranty will be voided if Rebec does not receive the spent collector within 2 months of the scheduled maintenance date.
- Hose fitting washers must be inspected and replaced as necessary during scheduled maintenance.
This warranty will be voided if any Rebec products are mishandled, used incorrectly, or used for any purpose other than that for which they were designed and intended by Rebec.
If your amalgam separator requires factory service or replacement, contact customer service at Rebec. Your Rebec amalgam separator will either be repaired or replaced as soon as possible. If the determination is made that it is necessary to send your device back to the factory, Rebec will make the necessary repair or replacement at no charge provided the product is delivered prepaid to the proper address. For your safety, Rebec recommends that returns be adequately insured against carrier damage or loss. Rebec will not be responsible for damage or loss by carrier. All claims should describe the specific problem for accurate analysis and evaluation, date of filing the warranty information, product installation date, and dealer name and address. No product replacement is allowed without prior authorization by Rebec Solutions.
All non-US Customers
All warranty claims for products purchased through your dealer must be returned to the same dealer for claim processing.
All Rebec amalgam separators come with a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. Coverage begins on the installation date, provided that Rebec is in receipt of the timely completed and returned installation card and all contact information necessary; phone, address, and email address..
Note: All repairs must be performed by Rebec or Rebec-approved technicians or this warranty will be invalidated.
Scope of Performance Efficiency
Rebec warrants your unit to meet or exceed ISO 11143:2008; ANSI/ADA. It is your responsibility to determine whether your unit provides the removal efficiency your business needs, and to confirm that it meets any federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, rules, codes, and orders that may be applicable at each location where you choose to operate this unit.